SITTING TRANSFER BOARD
The Samarit Curved Transfer Board makes patient transfers between beds, chairs, wheelchairs and car seats easier than ever before.
This specially designed Samarit Curved Board enables users to slide easily from one sitting surface to another and regain their independence, whether coping with reduced mobility or recovering from surgery. The curved sliding board is incredibly strong and robust, with an impressive maximum user weight of 200kg (31.49 stone), making it suitable for almost any user.
Originally designed in conjunction with acclaimed therapists, tens of thousands of these curved sitting transfer boards have been sold over the years – and it’s easy to see why. The boards’ lightweight construction, ease of handling and comfortable hold enable trouble-free transfers for users, whether assisted or unassisted. Plus, the sitting transfer board is small, compact and easy to wipe clean, ideal for repetitive, long-term use and storage.
Watch our short video to see the sliding transfer board in action. If you need advice about the Samarit Curved Board, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
FIM Independence Level: 6–3
Features and Benefits
- SWL*: Robust design supports patients weighing up to 200kg / 485 lbs
- Gap < 20 cm = 150 kg
- Lightweight design: 1.2 kg
- Size: 68 x 23 cm / 27 x 9 inch
- Enables patient independence
- Suitable for transfers from beds to chairs, wheelchairs or car seats
- Enables easy patient transfers
- Wipeclean to promote excellent infection control
- Easily spans the gap between two surfaces
- Easily transportable
- Excellent non-slip pads to grip both surfaces
- Independent users or single carers depending on the user’s independence level
- All areas of healthcare where sitting transfers are frequent
- Emergency services
- General wards
- Social services
- Home care
- Community nursing
- Car transport
- Children’s nursing
- Occupational therapy