Disposable Covers / Infection Prevention Control
These disposable covers for patient transfer boards minimise the spread of infection in medical settings.
Designed to promote patient and carer safety, the Samarit Rollboard Covers help to control infection in hospitals and other medical settings. Health professionals can lay patient-specific covers on top of transfer boards before treating new patients. After use, they can simply dispose of and replace the covers.
The transfer board disposable covers fit all Samarit Rollboard models and come in four packs of 50 units. You can tear the 100m roll of covers using the perforated tear guides to protect Rollboards from blood and dirt.
How To Use the Samarit Rollboard Covers
- Place the roll in a dispenser or on an appropriate shelf. Unroll the material by 2m and tear at the perforation.
- Enter the Rollboard into the tubular cover, which is 60cm (24 inches) wide and 200cm (79 inches) long.
- Pull the transfer board disposable cover over the Rollboard tight to one side. Fold the overlapping material on your side over the top of the cover.
- Press the air out from the overlap, from the middle to both the left and right. This will hold the transfer board disposable cover tight to the Rollboard.
- Transfer the patient.
- Remove the PE-Cover by pulling the Rollboard out. This will require two people. Alternatively, pull one side over the other to keep the dirt inside the cover and then dispose of it.
- Clean the used Rollboard using Ecolab Incidine Oxywipes S or similar disinfection wipes.
If you need advice about the Samarit Rollboard Covers, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Patient-specific covers promote excellent infection control
- Covers fit all Samarit boards
- Four pack of 100m covers
- Perforated for easy tearing
- Made from PE material
All areas of healthcare requiring lateral transfers, particularly:
- Emergency services
- Nursing/care homes