ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s cushioned, wipeclean Glide and Lock – a one-way slide sheet with handles – allows patients to adjust themselves into comfy sitting positions in standard chairs and wheelchairs.
Patients who struggle to sit back far enough in chairs and/or wheelchairs will love this Glide and Lock, which enables patients to glide themselves to the back of the chair/wheelchair and then secure themselves so they don’t slide forward. While some Glide and Lock models offer cushioning for maximum comfort – perfect for long-term use – or a wipeclean finish to enable easy cleaning, this model combines both.
Caregivers can help patients slide into a comfortable position by gripping the soft webbing handles on both sides of the one-way glide sheet and guiding them backwards. This helps prevent carer injury as they support patients/clients safely.
The cushioned, wipeclean one-way slide sheet is one of many models in our Glide and Lock range, which also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating.
If you need more advice on which slide sheet solution to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning easy
- Washable at 40–72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry on a low heat
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit back properly in chairs or wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services