ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
At 65cm wide and 80cm long, this one-way glide sheet fits most standard beds and provides the ideal slide system for patients who want to sit up and lie down in bed without carer assistance. This way, the Glide and Lock can help users get their independence back.
The Glide and Lock offers a waterproof top coating to protect against spills and leaks, cushioning to maximise patient comfort and four-way stretch properties to make repositioning as easy as possible. The one-way slide sheet also features a unique internal locking mechanism, which allows the user to slide in one direction and lock in the other. This is particularly useful for patients who keep slipping down in bed, especially at night, or those who have breathing difficulties and need to sleep sitting up.
A directional arrow label is sewn into the sheet’s top panel. This indicates the slide and lock directions, which you should follow when putting the slide sheet on the bed. Once the patient is comfortable, they can lock the sheet in place.
Should the standard size not fit the bed in question, we also manufacture bespoke sizes.
The cushioned Glide and Lock for bed use one of many slide systems in our Glide and Lock range, which also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating and models with a breathable finish. This wipeclean Glide and Lock is better suited to patients who are coping with incontinence issues and need surfaces that are easy to clean.
If you need more advice on which slide sheet solution to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning easy
- Washable up to 72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry at low/medium heats
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Handles make patient repositioning easier and safer for carers
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Improves user independence
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit up in bed without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes