One-Way Slide SHeet / One-Way Glide SHeet
Hospital Direct’s Glide and Lock with handles is the ideal one-way slide sheet for patients who find it difficult to sit up in bed.
Health organisations can now empower patients who struggle to sit up in bed with this innovative one-way glide sheet. The Glide and Lock’s advanced slide capability makes it easy for carers to support a patient as they sit up in bed. Carers can grip the handles on either side of the sheet to help a patient up and then secure them using the sheet’s integral locking mechanism. This way, patients won’t slip down once the one-way slide sheet is in place and can stay on top of the sheet for as long as they like – the sheet even reduces the effects of friction on skin.
This Glide and Lock for bed use is one of multiple slide sheets in our Glide and Lock range. This range also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating, wipeclean finish and additional cushioning.
If you need more advice on finding the model you need, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Washable up to 72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry at low/medium heats
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Handles make patient repositioning easier and safer for carers
- Breathable material for patient comfort
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit up in bed without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services