ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s bariatric Glide and Lock one-way slide sheet helps patients achieve good posture when sitting up in chairs.
Our cushioned, bariatric Glide and Lock is a fantastic solution for patients who want to regain their independence when positioning themselves in chairs. The sheet offers four-way stretch properties to improve comfort for the patient as they adjust their position. Plus, thanks to the one-way glide sheet’s waterproof coating, it’s easy to wipe the sheet down and launder between uses.
Carers can also use the one-way slide sheet to help patients slide back in their chairs. The sheet’s unique, internal locking mechanism allows the user to slide in one direction and lock in the other. A directional arrow label is sewn on the top panel of the Glide and Lock to show which way the product will slide and lock. Once the patient is comfortable, the anti-slip base won’t allow them to slip forwards again. The additional webbing handles on each side of the Glide and Lock allow carers to assist patients where necessary. Carers can even attach extension straps to the handles to reduce the need to bend or over-reach.
At 55cm x 80cm, the Glide and Locks are suitable for most chairs, including static and recliner chairs, wheelchairs and sofas. However, bespoke sizes are also available on request.
The bariatric Glide and Lock model for chair use is one of several models in our extensive range, which also includes breathable Glide and Locks and models with an all-over anti-slip coating. This wipeclean model is better suited to home and ward environments, where spills and leaks are common. If you need more advice on which slide sheet solution to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning with antibacterial wipes easy
- Washable at 40–72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry on a low heat
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Suitable for most standard chairs, recliners, sofas and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Standard and bespoke sizes available
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit back in chairs or wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services