ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s cushioned Glide and Lock for chair use takes one-way slide sheet innovation to the next level.
Patients who need a comfortable but slippery surface to slide into sitting positions will love this Glide and Lock. Carers can place this one-way glide sheet in a patient’s chair or wheelchair before use or insert the sheet once the patient is already seated.
The sheet’s slippery finish makes it easy to slide patients into a sitting position. Carers can then lock the sheet into place using its locking mechanism, which prevents patients from slipping back down the chair. Patients can sit on the sheet for as long as they like – the padded Glide and Lock provides all the comfort a patient needs.
The cushioned Glide and Lock for chairs is one of many models in our Glide and Lock range, which also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating.
If you need more advice on which slide sheet solution to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning easy
- Washable at 40–72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry on a low heat
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Breathable material for patient comfort
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit back properly in chairs or wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services