ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s cushioned, wipeclean Glide and Lock is an advanced one-way slide sheet that makes it easy for patients to sit up in chairs.
The Glide and Lock is ideal for patients who require assistance from one or two carers as they sit up in chairs. The one-way glide sheet is suitable for most chairs, including static and recliner chairs, wheelchairs and sofas. Carers can slide the patient into a safe, comfortable seated position, using the webbing handles on each side of the Glide and Lock. If required, carers can attach additional extension straps to the handles, so they don’t need to bend or over-reach.
The system combines soft cushioning with a waterproof top layer and four-way stretch properties to improve comfort for the patient. The anti-slip panel and unique internal locking mechanism prevent the patient from slipping back down the chair once they have found their comfortable position. This mechanism allows the system to slide in one direction and lock in the other.
It’s easy to wipe down the one-way slide sheet with antibacterial wipes. You can also launder the sheet between uses.
We stock the one-way slide sheet in two standard sizes – 38cm x 46cm and 46cm x 54cm – to fit most chairs and wheelchairs. Bespoke sizes are also available on request.
The cushioned Glide and Lock for chairs is just one of the models in our Glide and Lock range, which also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating and models with a breathable finish. This wipeclean Glide and Lock is better suited to patients who are dealing with incontinence and need surfaces that are easy to clean.
If you need more advice on which slide sheet solution to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning easy
- Washable up to 72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry at low/medium heats
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Versatile design makes the slide sheet suitable for most standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Available in two standard sizes – bespoke sizes available, too
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit back properly in chairs or wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services