ONE-WAY SLIDE SHEET / ONE-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s wipeclean Glide and Lock for chairs – a one-way slide sheet with handles – helps patients sit back without slipping.
If your patients struggle to sit back in chairs and/or wheelchairs or find themselves slipping down, this breathable Glide and Lock can help. The one-way glide sheet features handles on both sides, which carers can use to slide patients back in their chairs without straining themselves. You’ll see a directional label on the one-way slide sheet, which shows you which way to place the system on the chair. The sheet also features an integral locking mechanism with an anti-slip panel, which prevents users from slipping back down the chair.
We stock this model in two sizes – 38cm x 46cm and 46cm x 54cm – to fit all standard chairs and wheelchairs.
The wipeclean Glide and Lock for chairs is just one of the models in our extensive Glide and Lock range. This range also includes models with an all-over anti-slip coating and additional cushioning.
If you need more advice to find the model you need, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Wipeclean outer surface makes surface-level cleaning easy
- Washable at 40–72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry on a low heat
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- One-way slide sheet enables easy patient repositioning
- Handles make patient repositioning easier and safer for carers
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensures patient comfort
- Locking strips and anti-slip panel ensure absolute safety and security
- Can remain under the patient
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Available in two sizes
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit back properly in chairs or wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- General wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Care homes
- Emergency services