GLIDE AND LOCK / ONE WAY GLIDE
Those who struggle to sit up in bed without sliding down or have trouble sitting upright in a chair/wheelchair will love the patient-specific Glide and Locks, an ideal one-way glide solution.
The disposable Glide and Locks are patient-specific slide sheets that prevent patients from slipping down in beds, trolleys, chairs or wheelchairs. Thanks to the comfortable, absorbent material, patients can use the one-way glide sheets to easily slide themselves upwards in a bed or chair. They can then lock themselves into a sitting position to minimise the risk of slipping back down. The NHSSC Glide and Lock’s integral locking mechanism keeps patients secure and comfortable once in their desired position.
Watch our short demonstration video to see the Glide and Lock in action. Hospital Direct has a comprehensive range of Glide and Lock products to suit all patient needs. Our expansive variety of one-way slide sheets comprises models with handles, cushioned linings, wipeclean coatings and pressure-reducing materials. If you need advice about the disposable Glide and Lock, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
The one-way slide sheets are available in packs of 10 and should be disposed of after each use.
Hospital Direct has been supplying the NHS and care organisations with the highest-quality medical supplies for almost two decades, offering unrivalled expertise when it comes to recommending products to patients’ medical needs.
Features and Benefits
- Patient-specific slide sheet helps teams uphold excellent infection control
- Breathable, absorbent material for patient comfort
- Slippery material enables easy patient repositioning
- Locking feature promotes patient safety and security
- Choose between models with handles, linings, wipeclean coatings and pressure-coating materials
- Can remain under the patient
- Those maintaining independence or those who need assistance from one carer
- General wards
- Respiratory wards
- Renal units
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing