Patient Turning System / BEd Aids for TUrning
Hospital Direct’s In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion, is an innovative patient turning system, helps patients rotate themselves independently.
Those who struggle to sleep because they can’t turn over will love this ultra-soft In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion. The pillow’s slippery finish gives patients the slide they need to roll into a new position with limited or zero assistance.
Whether you’re waiting for a hip operation, recovering from surgery or suffering from a bad back, this In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion will improve your comfort. Designed for unassisted use, the In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion will help you turn yourself easily, allowing you to regain your independence and mobility.
The In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion maximises comfort with a polycotton, quilted outer and a superb inner slide system that enables easy turning. The patient turning system’s tubular design makes it similar to a slide sheet – both enable easy turning from side to side. However, unlike a slide sheet, this In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion can remain under the patient throughout the night to reduce pain and discomfort associated with turning in bed.
The In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion is available in two sizes: 70cm x 100cm and 80cm x 110cm. You can also request a bespoke size. For more advice on the In-Bed Self Turn – Glide Cushion, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
We manufacture our patient turning solutions at our Shropshire premises, where each product undergoes our rigorous quality control procedures.
Features and Benefits
- Soft, polycotton outer ensures comfort
- Innovative slide system makes patient turning easier
- Designed for all-night, long-term use
- Available in two sizes – plus bespoke sizes – to suit all needs
- Lightweight, compact and easy to carry
- Washable at 40–74°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Can tumble dry at a low temperature
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- FIM Independence Level: 6–4
- Those looking to regain their independence and turn without assistance during the night
- Nursing/care homes
- Home care
- Children’s nursing
- Palliative care