handling belts / transfer belts
Hospital Direct’s Deluxe Handling Belts allow carers to help patients sit, stand and walk with confidence as they regain their stability.
These Deluxe Handling Belts make walking and transfers comfortable for patients who are recovering from injuries and/or surgery. With the belt in place, patients feel safe and secure while their caregiver helps them move from sitting to standing and vice versa. The belt also offers additional security while carers help patients walk from room to room.
The Deluxe Handling Belts offer additional support on top of our essential range with a Velcro fastening and strong quick-release buckle. Together, these features offer greater support for patients, who often worry about how quickly they can regain their mobility after surgery or after sustaining an injury.
Carers can simply place the handling belt around their patient’s waist and buckle to fit. The supportive transfer belt features ergonomic handles, which a carer can grip to hold their patient close without having to hold onto their clothes. This means caregivers can support patients safely and remain comfortable throughout any transfers or short walking journeys.
Hospital Direct manufactures the transfer belts in its Shropshire premises, producing the belt in sizes from small to extra large to fit virtually all children and adults.
Hospital Direct also stocks Simple Webbing Belts, Wipeclean Handling Belts, Essential Handling Belts and Disposable Handling Belts. For advice on which handling belts to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Child | 23–28 inches/59cm–71cm | Yellow
- Small | 28–36 inches/73cm–91cm | Blue
- Medium | 34–41 inches/88cm–104cm | Green
- Large | 41–46 inches/104cm–117cm | Red
- X-Large | 53–60 inches/134cm–152cm | Blue
- Universal | 27.5–50 inches/70cm–127cm | Orange
Features and Benefits
- Breathable, soft inner fabric ensures patient comfort
- Anti-slip lining prevents the belt from slipping
- Ergonomic handles designed for all hand sizes improve carer comfort
- Handle position can be adjusted to improve carer comfort
- Washable at 71°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Manufactured in the UK
- FIM Independence Level: 5–4
- One or two carers to assist a patient or client
- Not to be used for lifting
- Patient upper-sitting balance required
- General wards
- Community nursing
- Residential homes
- Ambulance and transport departments
- Home care
- Palliative care
- Recovery (post-op)
- Children’s nursing
- Stroke care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services