Webbing belt / medical belt
Hospital Direct’s Simple Webbing Belt allows carers to support patients as they stand, sit and transfer from bed to chair.
If you need to offer more than an arm to support your patients or clients, this inexpensive medical belt is the ideal solution. The Simple Webbing Belt is an economy handling belt that helps carers assist patients as they move around after surgery and while they recover from injuries.
To use the webbing belt, simply place the strap around your patient’s waist and tighten gently to fit. Take hold of the handles to guide the patient as they stand, sit or transfer between surfaces. The medical belt’s shaped handles are perfect for carers – no matter their hand size – to quickly gain and maintain a safe grip without grabbing their patient’s clothing.
Carers who find the Simply Webbing Belt useful to support their patients may also benefit from the Car Assist Pack, a selection of handy tools that make getting into and out of vehicles easier.
Hospital Direct also stocks Wipeclean Handling Belts, Deluxe Handling Belts, Essential Handling Belts and Disposable Handling Belts. For advice on which belts to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Soft, breathable inner fabric to promote patient comfort
- Anti-slip lining to maintain patient security
- Angled medical belt handles suit all hand sizes and facilitate caregiver comfort
- Handle position can be altered upon request to ensure caregiver comfort
- Washable at 74°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Manufactured in the UK
- One or two carers to assist a patient or client
- Not to be used for lifting
- Not suitable for the frail
- Patient upper-body strength required
- General wards
- Community nursing
- Residential homes
- Ambulance and transport departments
- Home care
- Palliative care
- Recovery (post-op)
- Children’s nursing
- Stroke care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services