Leg Lifter Strap / Legs Into Bed
Hospital Direct’s Rotary Leg Lifter takes the difficulty out of getting into and out of bed for patients who have mobility issues.
The Rotary Leg Lifter allows caregivers to support a patient’s lower limbs during functional transfers. Not only does this uphold patient dignity, but carers can also ensure patients don’t experience any discomfort as they get into and out of bed. On top of this, the leg lifter strap is much less loadbearing than alternative products, which reduces the risk of caregiver injury.
This ingenious device uses a rotary disc, which is mounted beneath a padded cushion and a glide sheet to help carers effortlessly move patients’ limbs into bed. A patient can sit on a bed with their legs inside the leg lifter strap. A caregiver can then raise the patient’s legs and swivel them into bed. The device also works when patients need to get out of bed.
We recommend also considering the Easy Leg Turner for patients who need help getting into or out of bed. Whichever solution you opt for, you can have peace of mind that we manufacture all standard, wipeclean and paediatric Rotary Leg Lifters in our local Shropshire premises, where we ensure the highest attention to detail to maximise quality. For more information about our leg lifter range, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Ultra-slippery glide sheet makes transfers smooth and easy
- Padded cushion ensures patient comfort
- Rotary disc helps patients to rotate easily
- Washable at 74°C (glide sheet only)
- Manufactured in the UK
- Variations available to accommodate different needs
- Safe working load: approximately 100kg
- FIM Independence Level: 4–3
- Single carers who help patients get into and out of bed by raising their legs and swivelling them in a sitting position
- Users must have upper-body strength
- Day clinics
- Doctors’ surgeries
- General wards
- Stroke care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Children’s nursing