XCcube® Covers – solution to the CONCEALMENT TROLLEY / BODY BAG
Hospital Direct’s discreet XCcube® Frame Covers are the solution to the concealment trolley, enabling dignified transportation of the deceased from a ward to a mortuary.
When wheeling the deceased to the mortuary, it’s important to uphold patient dignity and transport the person with discretion. The XCcube® is the alternative solution of the concealment trolley and makes this possible. Once practitioners have prepared the deceased in a body bag, they can erect the XCcube® frame over a bed and attach an XCcube® Cover to respectfully shroud the deceased, ready for transfer.
XCcube® Covers are available in four sizes depending on how far you need to open the frame of the alternative system of the concealment trolley. This way, you can ensure total concealment of the XCcube® Frame system.
You can wash the XCcube® Covers at 60–76°C, using a chlorine bleach solution in the washing cycle at a ratio of 100:1. Alternatively, you can clean the covers with standard wipes, sprays and solutions approved by your organisation. Most chemical wiping and disinfection solutions are suitable for use with the XCcube® Covers provided the concentration isn’t too high. We recommend using Actichlor, Clinell or Tuffie.
You can drip dry or tumble dry XCcube® Covers, but ensure your drying temperature doesn’t exceed 95°C. High-drying temperatures can deteriorate these types of products. Therefore, we recommend tumble drying on the lowest setting.
For more information about the XCcube® Covers, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight and compact XCcube® Covers
- Enables dignity and discretion for the deceased
- Easy to wash and tumble dry
- Eliminates the need to transfer from a bed to a mortuary trolley, reducing handling and risks of marking
- Expands across three dimensions and can be adapted to fit any size bed or trolley, ranging from paediatric to bariatric
- Converts most hospital beds or trolleys into dignified modes of transport for the deceased
- Manufactured in the UK
- Available in four sizes
- Practitioners preparing the deceased for transit to the mortuary
- Mortuary Departments
- Portering Staff
- Palliative Care
- Back Care Advisors