XCCUBE® / CONCEALMENT TROLLEY
The XCcube® is the ultimate dignity-in-death concealment trolley, allowing practitioners to transport the deceased from ward to mortuary as respectfully as possible.
Until now, the long-standing solution to transferring a deceased person from ward to mortuary has been the use of a blue sheet. However, this is not an ideal solution as patients and guests within your hospital can make out the departed.
Instead, the XCcube® is a compact system that allows practitioners to transfer the deceased with dignity and discretion. Designed for ultimate care and respect and death, the concealment trolley is a lightweight frame that expands in seconds to cover any bed (including bariatric sizes), trolley, cradle or other surface supporting a deceased person.
Not only does the XCcube® provide dignity for the deceased during transportation from ward to mortuary, but the concealment trolley also eliminates the need for practitioners to undertake a patient transfer before transiting from the ward or other location of death. If you need advice about the XCcube® and Hospital Direct’s mortuary solutions, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Eliminates the need to transfer from a bed to a mortuary trolley, reducing handling and risks of marking
- Expands across three dimensions and can be adapted to fit any size bed or trolley, ranging from paediatric to bariatric
- Converts the majority of hospital beds or trolleys into dignified modes of transport for the deceased
- A simple lightweight system weighing only 4.5kg
The XCcube®’s fibreglass tubing prevents egress of contamination into the product. As a result, practitioners can safely clean the concealment trolley by:
- Washing with soap and water, rinsing and drying with a clean, dry cloth.
- Applying standard wipes/sprays/solutions and/or those approved by the organisation and drying with a clean, dry cloth. Most chemical, wiping and disinfection solutions are suitable for use with the XCcube®.
The XCcube® covers can be:
- Laundered at 60–76°C. You can also use a chlorine bleach solution in the washing cycle at a ratio of 100:1.
- Cleaned with Standard wipes/sprays/solutions and/or those approved by the organisation. Most chemical, wiping and disinfection solutions are suitable for use with the XCcube® cover provided the concentration is not too high.
Recommended Cleaning Products
- The XCcube® cover can be drip-dried or tumble-dried but, like all other mortuary supplies, high-drying temperatures (above 45°C) can deteriorate the fabric.
- Tumble-drying is best on the lowest setting.