Glide and Lock / One Way Glide
Patients in need of a one-way glide solution will find comfort in the Essential Glide and Lock.
The Essential Glide and Lock is a breathable sheet that keeps users comfortable in standard chairs and wheelchairs. The one-way slide sheet is made from quilted cotton to offer ultimate softness and prevent sweating. Ideal for those who often slip down in chairs, the integral system comprises locking strips that help a patient to slide further back into a chair and then prevent them from slipping down.
Those who have sufficient upper sitting balance can use the Glide and Lock unaided. Meanwhile, carers can help those who need assistance by using a pillow to push just below the knees. Hospital Direct also stocks Glide and Lock sheets with handles for those who need carer support.
As part of our Essential economy range, the Glide and Lock is available at a basic price. Choose from our wide range of one-way glide sheets, available in breathable, wipeclean and spacer fabric finishes and in a variety of sizes.
We recommend pairing the one-way glide sheet with an anti-slip foot pad, which can be positioned under the feet to help some users.
Our short video shows how the Glide and Lock could help you or those you are caring for. Should you have any questions or need advice, our technical team will be happy to help, so please do ring or email us.
Features and Benefits
- Breathable material for patient comfort
- Suitable for standard chairs and wheelchairs
- Quilted fabric ensure patient comfort
- Slippery material enables easy patient repositioning
- Locking strips ensure absolute safety and security
- Choice of breathable, wipeclean and spacer fabric finishes
- Can remain under the patient
- Those maintaining independence or those who need assistance from one carer
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Community nursing
- General wards
- Renal units