Non-SLip CUshion / Anti-Slip Cushion
Hospital Direct’s Pressure Reducing Glide and Lock is an innovative non-slip cushion aid that stops pillows from slipping out beneath patients.
Do your clients’ pressure-reducing cushions keep sliding down, compromising their posture, comfort and wellbeing? If so, this Glide and Lock device can help patients slide further back in a wheelchair or chair without their pressure-reducing cushions slipping.
The non-slip cushion aid also allows carers to re-position patients at the back of their chair. Alternatively, patients with more mobility can use the anti-slip cushion support to position themselves. It doesn’t matter whether patients adjust themselves independently or whether they need support from a carer. Either way, patients can improve their posture and comfort when sitting in chairs or wheelchairs.
Patients who need additional support may prefer the non-slip cushion model with handles. Carers can grip these strong webbing handles to guide the patient back into their chair and can even attach extensions traps to the handles to avoid bending or over-reaching. This can be particularly handy for patients who are sitting on a large chair or sofa.
This anti-slip cushion aid is one of the multiple bed slide systems in our Glide and Lock range. If you need more advice on which model you need, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
- Washable up to 72°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Tumble dry at low/medium heats
- Do not iron, use bleach or use fabric conditioner
Features and Benefits
- Handles make patient repositioning easier and safer for carers
- Suitable for virtually all chairs and sofas
- Non-slip coating keeps pressure reducing cushions in place
- Manufactured in the UK
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Improves user independence
- FIM Independence Level: 6–2
- Carers who help people sit up in chairs and wheelchairs without sliding back down
- Independent users
- Dementia care
- Post-stroke care
- Multiple sclerosis care
- Amputee care
- Elderly care
- Tissue viability care