In-Bed System / Patient Management / Satin ‘SIBA™‘ sheets with Locking Loops
The Satin SIBA™ 4 way top draw sheet with Locking Loops maximises the security and comfort of a patient without needing to tuck the sheet directly under clients bottom.
This Satin™ Top Sheet does everything that the standard Top 4 Way Draw Sheet does…and more…
Only available from Hospital Direct, the locking looped top sheets provide extra security and assurance for carers who are leaving their clients in bed. The two red straps attached at the top of the sheet are adjustable and cater for any depth of mattress. They should be attached to a structural part of the bed frame underneath the mattress and pulled securely tight, allowing free movement of a profiling bed. By doing so, the carer and client will find that the patient can be profiled comfortably whilst leaving them secure and in position, and not sliding down the bed.
This is exceptionally beneficial for carers in care agencies and local authorities who may not have received appropriate training or practice time before using in-bed management systems in a real life setting.
In all instances, depending on a carers / healthcare professionals / link workers level of confidence and ability, when leaving a patient, the Satin SIBA™ Top Sheet with Locking Loops should always be tucked under the mattress as standard, as this will ensure the maximum security of the client. If a carer does have the confidence to tuck the top sheet under the clients bottom, we would recommend this also.
The system helps to reduce physical handling and touching of the patient as the Satin SIBA™ 4 Way Top Draw Sheet can be tucked under the mattress whilst locked at the top of the head end via the Locking Loops. The sheet can then be tucked under the mattress to restrict movement on either side. Creasing is also reduced meaning that the client can remain comfortable with reduced risk of pressure sores forming.
This version of the satin top sheets works exactly the same way as the versions without locking loops, so should the patient require turning, these sheets are available with concealed handles for use with Ghantry and mobile hoists. These have a safe working load of 400kg (100kg higher than any other manufacturer). Please see a list of full benefits below.
Features and Benefits:
- Saves Time
- Increases security and stability of the client
- Physical touch to smooth out creases is reduced
- Suitable for use and compatible with all Hoists – Gantry and Mobile.
- Reduces risk of tissue and nerve damage
- Great for those who have difficulty turning in bed
- Helps to reduce the risk of pressure sores developing
- 4-way movement in all directions for patient care
- Allows carers to reposition more dependent patients
- Cotton and satin fibres make for a comfortable in-bed experience
- Holds most patients up to 400 KG / 62.98 Stone
- Generous width allows carers to tuck the sheet in to increase patient security
- Suitable for turning, up/down re-positioning, repositioning a patient from lying to sitting and vice versa
- Can remain under the patient at all times
- Best used in conjunction with one of our Satin In-Bed Turner Base sheets
- The combination of two silky smooth satin panels working with each other means easy, quiet and safe movements
- Anti-slip cotton edges reduce the risk of slipping
- Cotton and polyester mix for great comfort and repeated washing
- Washable to 90°C
- Single carers or multiple carers depending on the user’s independence level
- Home care
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Nursing homes/care homes