Car Mobility aids / TRAVEL AIDS
Hospital Direct’s Car Assist Pack – a selection of car mobility aids – makes journeys easier for those who struggle with vehicle access.
The Car Assist Pack helps those who are coping with physical injuries or recovering from surgery to get into and out of cars with greater comfort. The pack contains a slide seat and additional aids that make travel easier for users, so journeys don’t have to cause anxiety or feel like a chore. What’s more, independent users and/or carers can access all the equipment they need in one handy carry bag.
Hospital Direct offers two varieties of car mobility aids: an Unassisted Pack and an Assisted Pack. The Unassisted Pack is ideal for independent users who need a little help to get in and out of vehicles. Meanwhile, the Assisted Pack is ideal for those who require support from a carer, friend or family member. The Unassisted Pack contains the following.
- Handy bar
- Door Strap
- Deluxe Leg Lifter
- Car Slide Sheet
On the other hand, the Assisted Pack contains the above and these additional car mobility aids.
- Car Slide
- Handy Bar
- Leg Lifter
- Kneeling Pad
- Simple Webbing Belt
- Door Strap
- Instructional DVD showing correct usage and safety tips
Watch our product video to see the car mobility aids in action and visualise how they will make your life easier.
For more information about the Car Assist Packs, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Improves user independence
- Reduces anxiety around car journeys
- Includes a carry bag for easy transportation and access
- Multiple car mobility aids included to make getting in and out of vehicles as easy as possible
- Manufactured in the UK
- FIM Independence Level: 6–5
- The Unassisted Pack is suitable for patient/client use and improves independence.
- This Assisted Pack includes a slide seat and other aids designed for single carers to help their client/patient into and out of vehicles.
- Stroke care
- Palliative care
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Social services
- Children’s nursing
- Occupational therapy