FLEXICARE 4-WAY SLIDE SHEET / FLEXICARE 4-WAY GLIDE SHEET
Hospital Direct’s Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet helps caregivers perform easy, safe patient transfers for 24/7 in-bed care.
This Flexicare 4-way base glide sheet combines 100% cotton with slippery panels to keep patients comfortable while caregivers slide them into new positions. Carers can then use the integral locking panels to secure patients and avoid any risk of them falling out of bed. This innovative design makes the glide sheet ideal for patients who require 24-hour in-bed support.
You can pair the Flexicare slide sheet with one of three Flexicare Top Sheets:
- A wipeclean, PU-coated sheet for patients who are tackling incontinence
- A fire-retardant, breathable, cotton sheet
- A micro-fibre sheet designed for easy temperature control
You can also combine the Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet with a Positioning Wedge to make repositioning your patients even easier.
The Flexicare 4-way glide sheet is available in two sizes to fit both standard and double beds. If you need advice about the slide sheet solution, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Slippery panels enable carers to move patients in all directions
- Comfort, safety and security in one manoeuvre
- Safe working load: 31st/200kg
- Patients can remain on the 4-way slide sheet indefinitely, either directly on top of the sheet or under a cotton bed sheet
- Carers can re-position patients without handling them directly
- Slippery material makes repositioning easier, reducing the risk of carer injury
- Suitable for hoist use
- 100% cotton system with low-friction inner linings ensures patient comfort
- Two-panel system enables up/down manoeuvres, turning, swivelling, sitting up safely, transferring and turning into a prone position
- Integral locking panels allow carers to secure patients in safe positions, even when they’re sitting
- Suitable for single carers
- Washable at 40–74°C and suitable for low-temperature tumble dry
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Manufactured in the UK
- FIM Independence Level: 6–1
- Single carers during patient repositioning
- Home care
- Nursing/care homes
- Palliative care
- Bariatric care
- Stroke Services
- In-Bed Systems
- Children’s nursing