IN-Bed system / patient management / satin sheets
These Satin SIBA 2 way base sheets allow users to comfortably reposition themselves in bed without slipping.
Hospital Direct precision-manufactures the Satin SIBA fully fitted base sheets with central satin sliding panels so that users can turn from side to side in bed without slipping. Designed for patient comfort, each slide sheet also has polycotton striped edges so that patients can’t slide off the bed and injure themselves.
Markers on the in-situ slide sheet indicate which way up the sheet should be placed on the bed, and a central marker helps carers to ensure correct positioning. Plus, the drawstring tightening system on each long side of the satin sheet system allows carers to fit the sheet to any mattress. Two vent holes in each bottom corner of the satin slide sheet allow carers to attach air hoses to dynamic mattresses.
The 2 way satin sheets are available in full or midi lengths to suit individual requirements and have deep skirts to fit any mattress depth.
Hospital Direct’s 2-way base sheets are perfect for those who struggle to move around in bed and get in and out of bed independently. With the satin sheets in place, the user can lie comfortably on the base sheet throughout the night.
Alternatively, the fully fitted base sheets also form an integral part of our SIBA Satin Sliding System and are suitable for those who need a single carer to help them reposition in bed. Where a user needs support, this Satin In-Bed System allows carers to couple the base sheet with a top draw sheet so that the two satin panels slide together and enable easy patient movement.
The 2 way base sheets are available in a range of sizes to suit all bed types. Plus, the satin panel can be either central or offset, which is often ideal for larger beds. Hospital Direct also offers bespoke in-bed satin systems, so please enquire if you can’t find the solution you are looking for.
FIM Independence Level: 6–1
Features and Benefits
- Can remain under the patient
- Great for those who have difficulty turning in bed
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Allows easy turning without the risk of tissue or nerve damage
- Users cannot slide forward, whether lying flat or in a sitting position
- Cotton edges prevent slippage
- Easy to fit and adjust
- Washable to 90°C
- Suitable for low-temperature tumble dry
- Available in a variety of sizes to fit all bed mattresses from single to super-king
- Choice of central or offset satin panels to suit user preference
- Choice of full- or midi-length satin panels
- Drawstring mechanism on each long edge for fine adjustment to each mattress
- Vents in each bottom corner to attach air hoses to dynamic mattresses
- A label indicates which way up the product needs to be placed on the bed
- A central marker label helps you to position the sheets effectively
- Satin weave designed and woven by Hospital Direct for easy movement and locking
- Independent users or single carers depending on the user’s independence level
- Community hospitals
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Nursing homes/care homes