IN-Bed system / patient management
The Satin SIBA 4-way top sheet maximises comfort for patients who need assistance when turning in bed.
This super-soft 4-way draw sheet sits on top of a satin base sheet to offer ultimate patient comfort and enable easy repositioning from a single carer. When combined with a satin base sheet, the satin panel in the top sheet slides against the satin panel in the base sheet, facilitating multi-directional patient positioning.
Note: the top satin slide sheet must be used in conjunction with a satin base sheet.
At 140cm long and 200cm wide, the 4-way satin sheet covers patients/clients from shoulder to hips and is wider than a single bed. The generous width gives carers enough fabric to safely turn a patient from side to side and roll up excess fabric to reposition patients.
The in-situ satin sheet system is made from duck-egg-blue woven polycotton and a satin panel, which is stitched underneath the polycotton. White check marks in the satin sheet denote movement around the bed in four directions, enabling carers to turn and move patients up and down the bed and into sitting positions.
Hospital Direct stocks a range of in-bed systems to suit all patient needs. If you need advice about the Satin SIBA 4-way top sheet or other in-bed systems, get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
FIM Independence Level: 6–1
Features and Benefits
- Reduces risk of tissue and nerve damage
- Great for those who have difficulty turning in bed
- Helps to reduce the risk of pressure sores developing
- 4-way movement in all directions for patient care
- Allows carers to reposition more dependent patients
- Cotton and satin fibres make for a comfortable in-bed experience
- Holds most patients up to 300 kg/47.24 stone
- Generous width allows carers to tuck the sheet in to increase patient security
- Suitable for turning, up/down re-positioning, repositioning a patient from lying to sitting and vice versa
- Can remain under the patient at all times
- Best used in conjunction with one of our Satin In-Bed Turner Base sheets
- The combination of two silky smooth satin panels working with each other means easy, quiet and safe movements
- Anti-slip cotton edges reduce the risk of slipping
- Cotton and polyester mix for great comfort and repeated washing
- Washable to 90°C
- Single carers or multiple carers depending on the user’s independence level
- Home care
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Nursing homes/care homes