handling belts / transfer belts
Hospital Direct’s Universal Wipeclean Handling Belts help patients move around after surgery with support from a carer.
These wipeclean handling belts help carers safely guide patients through sitting and standing transfers as they recover from injuries or surgery. The belts’ padding, breathable inner fabric and anti-slip linings offer long-lasting comfort and security so patients always feel safe during transfers.
The transfer belts make life easy for caregivers, too. Carers can simply secure the belt around the patient’s waist and hold the comfortable, angled handles to maintain a safe posture while guiding the patient. This way, the carer can bring the patient into a close hold without invading their privacy.
Patients and clients tend to use their transfer belts every day during recovery. Each belt has a smooth, wipeclean finish, so it’s easy to clean between use with warm, soapy water.
Hospital Direct produces the one-size-fits-all belts in its Shropshire premises. Carers can adjust the belt to fit patients of all sizes, whether assisting children or adults.
Hospital Direct also stocks Simple Webbing Belts, Deluxe Handling Belts, Essential Handling Belts and Disposable Handling Belts. For advice on which belts to opt for, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients measuring 20–54 inches (waist size)
- Padded to maximise patient comfort
- Extension strap accommodates all sizes and enables belt adjustment
- Five-inch panelling offers great support for the client’s lumbar region
- Vertical webbing handholds ensure carer comfort
- Handle position can be adjusted to improve carer comfort
- Breathable, soft inner fabric ensures patient comfort
- Anti-slip lining prevents the belt from slipping
- Wipeclean surface aids infection control
- Washable at 71°C to reduce the risk of infection and uphold cleanliness
- Manufactured in the UK
- FIM Independence Level: 5–4
- One or two carers to assist a patient or client
- Not to be used for lifting
- Patient upper-sitting balance required
- General wards
- Community nursing
- Residential homes
- Ambulance and transport departments
- Home care
- Palliative care
- Recovery (post-op)
- Children’s nursing
- Stroke care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services