POSITIONING WEDGE / BED SIDE WEDGES
These deluxe Bed Positioning Wedges are essential tools to prevent pressure sores, ensure in-bed safety, and increase patient comfort in bed.
These exceptional Bed Positioning Wedges provides essential support for a patient back and sides, helping to prevent pressure sores, whilst securing patients in their positions to ensure that they don’t slide down the bed. When a carer has safely repositioned the patient into the desired position, such as on their side, the patient can securely rest upon the wedge knowing that they are comfy and secure in their new position.
After working to design the perfect Bed Positioning Wedges available for all patient sizes, Hospital Direct have achieved the most well-rounded bed-side wedge solutions available. Designed with pressure-care specialists, these Bed Positioning Wedges include three distinctive angles for maximum support, high anti-slip properties, durable foam and robust design, making these therapy positioning wedges the idea answer for long-term in-bed patient well-being.
Additionally, the wedge is surrounded and coated with a non-permeable material that the internal foam is not compromised by any bodily fluids or liquid matter. The cover also ensures an easy to wipe-down surface for cleaning.
All our bed positioning support wedges have wipeable covers and offer a superb grip on both cotton or satin surfaces. We highly recommend them for use with both our Flexicare 4-Way Systems, and SIBA Satin In-Bed Systems. The wedges all have unique acute edges that offer a flatter and fuller contact on the mattress and makes placing the wedge further under the client’s body easier. The Wedges keep a user on their side after turning, reducing the need for the carer to maintain a static holding position, thus alleviating back strain and manual support.
WEDGE-S – Small Wedge:
- Designed with acute 50/60/70 Degree Angle for optimum choice for the client.
- For small Children/Adults for side-line positioning.
- To help keep legs in a bent position, place the Small Wedge under our SIBA Fitted Base sheet, as this can help Prevent Legs from drifting out of bed and Lateral upper body Lean.
- Also, great to use as an aid for a client to push themselves up the bed.
- Can also be used as an aid for standing up from the bed.
- H 18cm x L 30.5cm x B 18cm | 0.3kg
WEDGE- M – Medium Wedge:
- Designed with a 50/60/70 Degree Angles for optimum choice for the client. Good height measurements, make it great for a large range of body sizes and offers good support when placed behind a client that is sat on the edge of the bed. Keeps clients in an optimum side-line position.
- H 26.5cm x L 54cm x B 25cm | 0.9kg
WEDGE L – Large Wedge:
- Designed with a 50/60/70 Degree Angles for optimum choice for the client. All the benefits of our Medium Wedge, but made with the Larger Client in mind.
- This is also good to use with our Easy Leg Turner Kit, as it offers a solid block for clients who fall backwards when getting legs into bed.
- H 30.5cm x L 64cm x B 29cm | 1.4kg
If you need advice about the bed-side wedge, please get in touch with our Technical Team. We will be delighted to help.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Three support angles for maximum comfort and security – 50/60/70 Degree Angles
- Anti-slip properties minimise risk of injury
- Durable foam for longevity
- Non-permeable cover enables easy cleaning
- Provides ultimate back and side support
- Home care
- Community nursing
- Home care
- Nursing homes/care homes