Hospital Direct’s Deluxe Extension Straps make supine patient transfers easier than ever before.
Supine transfers from a bed to a trolley and vice versa are easy with these Deluxe Extension Straps. Previously, staff have often injured themselves by overreaching or overstretching when repositioning patients. But not anymore. These straps make patient transfers easier and safer for carers. And patients don’t feel that they are being pushed and pulled.
Service providers can attach the extension straps to a Samarit Patglide or similar lateral transfer board to safely slide a patient from one surface to another. The straps feature a strong buckle at one end and raised handles along the main length of the strap, which make the strap easy to attach and use. Simply clip the strap’s buckle to a handle on the patient’s flat slide sheet (or alternative equipment). Then, firmly grasp the strap handles and use a hand-over-hand technique to reposition your patient. This way, you won’t need to compromise their posture or risk injuring yourself.
We sell the Deluxe Extension Straps in packs of two. The double packs are invaluable when staff are working in pairs; each carer can work with a strap of their own in conjunction with their colleague to reposition a patient.
Features and Benefits
- Sold in pairs so staff can work together to safely transfer patients
- Supportive straps reduce the risk of overreaching or overstretching
- Strong strap construction means straps can take weights up to 400kg
- Simple buckle mechanism allows caregivers to attach the straps to a variety of lateral transfer boards to enable transfers between surfaces
- UK manufacturer
- Service providers performing supine transfers
All areas where service providers need to attach a strong strap to perform patient transfers, especially:
- General wards
- Stroke services
- Radiology and imaging departments
- Recovery (post-op)
- Children’s nursing
- Community nursing
- Occupational therapy
- Home care
- Emergency services
- Day clinics
- Operating theatres