IN-Bed system / patient management / satin sheets
These 2 way satin sheets with elasticated straps and sliding panels allow patients to comfortably reposition themselves in bed.
The SIBA 2 way Satin Sheets use central satin sliding panels so that patients can turn in bed without slipping. Available in full or midi length, the satin sheets are designed to provide comfort and independence for those who otherwise struggle to reposition themselves. The in-bed system’s satin panel can be either central, to suit most standard beds, or offset, to suit larger beds.
The satin-panelled base sheets have strong and robust elasticated straps at each corner to ensure a perfect mattress fit. Plus, the elasticated straps are latex-free and allow easy access for air hoses, ideal for dynamic mattresses. Meanwhile, a central label clearly identifies the centre of the satin sheet as well as which way up the sheet should be placed on the mattress to aid positioning. The in-situ slide sheets also have polycotton striped edges so that users cannot slide off the bed.
Though the Satin SIBA 2 way base sheet is the most popular Hospital Direct satin base sheet with elasticated straps, we offer in-bed systems in a range of sizes and styles to fit all mattresses and user needs. Choose between fully fitted base sheets with draw-string adjustments, satin sheet systems that tuck securely under the mattress and 3/4 length midi or satin sheets that allow single users with lower body strength to grip the cotton at the bottom of the sheet to push back. Hospital Direct also offers bespoke options so please enquire if you can’t find the solution you are looking for.
FIM Independence Level: 6–1
The in-situ slide sheets are perfect for those who struggle to move around and get in and out of bed. With the satin sheet system in place, the user can lie directly on the base sheet and turn easily throughout the night.
Though the satin slide sheets are ideal for independent use, they are also an integral part of our SIBA Satin Sliding System, which is designed for users who need single carer assistance to reposition in bed.
Features and Benefits
- Can remain under the patient at all times
- Smooth central satin panel for ease of movement
- Easy turning with little effort
- Reduces risk of tissue and nerve damage
- Reduces risk of pressure sores
- Prevents sliding down the bed when either flat or profiled
- Great for those who need help when turning and/or sitting up without sliding down
- Exclusive polycotton edges act as a safety brake to prevent patients from sliding off the bed
- Pressure-mapped for your peace of mind
- Minimum training required
- Unique satin weave developed by Hospital Direct
- Own weave of polycotton
- After-purchase support available
- Suitable for all mattress types
- Best used in conjunction with the Satin Top Draw Sheet for those who require more in-bed positioning help
- Sizes available for all beds, shapes, and sizes
- Satin and polycotton mix for great comfort and repeated washing
- Washable to 90°C
- Single users or carers supporting with a top sheet depending on independence level
- Home care
- Community nursing
- Home care
Nursing homes/care homes
Information and Instructions Literature