IN BED SYSTEM / PATIENT MANAGEMENT
Hospital Direct’s Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet Pack ensures that healthcare professionals have both pieces of equipment required for safe in-bed care management.
The Flexicare 4-Way Glide requires two parts of the product to be able to be used. This comprises of a combination of the Flexicare 4-way base glide sheet and the Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet – Top Sheet With Handles. This handy pack contains both sizes that you will require depending on whether its for a single or bariatric bed.
This handy pack gives you a product which can re-position a patient into 8 different positions on a bed. From seated to lying down, and even comfortable positioning on a profiling bed, the Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet In-Bed Management System covers all areas of repositioning for both users and carers.
The base sheet comprises of a sliding and interlocking panel that allows the safe securing of the individual who is lying on the top sheet. Once the safety panel is moved to the foot-end of the bed, the top sheet (which the patient lies on) becomes slippy, and therefore the carer and re-position the client in a manner of all positions on the bed. Once in the desired position, the locking panel can be put back in place easily, and the patient is once again secured.
Many professionals and carers like to use the Flexicare 4-Way Slide Sheet System to ensure 24/7 comfort for bed-bound patients. Easy repositioning is key in this instance, as it helps to reduce the risk of pressure sores. When pressure sores are a risk, Healthcare Professionals use and also recommend our Positioning Wedges to help the client remain comfortable in different positions:
Please note, these packs are available in both PolyCotton and also PU-Coated material for either comfort and breathability, or for when incontinence is an issue.
Features and Benefits
- Slippery panels enable carers to move patients in all directions
- Comfort, safety and security in one manoeuvre
- Safe working load: 31st/200kg
- Patients can remain on the 4-way slide sheet indefinitely, either directly on top of the sheet or under a cotton bed sheet
- Carers can re-position patients without handling them directly
- Slippery material makes repositioning easier, reducing the risk of carer injury
- Suitable for hoist use
- Polycotton system with low-friction inner linings ensures patient comfort
- Two-panel system enables up/down manoeuvres, turning, swiveling, sitting up safely, transferring and turning into a prone position
- Integral locking panels allow carers to secure patients in safe positions, even when they’re sitting
- Suitable for single carers
- Washable at 40–74°C and suitable for low-temperature tumble dry
- Hospital Direct’s online patient handling training available
- Manufactured in the UK
- FIM Independence Level: 6–1
- Carers during patient repositioning
- A Positioning Wedge
- Spare panels available
- Home care
- Nursing/care homes
- Palliative care
- Bariatric care
- Stroke Services
- In-Bed Systems
- Children’s nursing